Graffiti PR asked us to support their BTL efforts to celebrate 75 years of Nescafe by designing, developing and implementing an interactive Kinect app. This is how “Nescafe 75 Years – How It’s Made” came about.
How to prepare 100% natural coffee?
1. HARVESTING: The fruit of the coffee plant called coffee cherries are handpicked. The fruit ripens at different times of the year.
2. DRYING: The coffee berries are dried in the sun in order to obtain the right colour!
3. PEELING OFF THE HUSKS AND SORTING: Each coffee fruit contains two green seeds, which are removed from their shell by peeling off the husks. Both Arabica and Robusta beans are selected.
4. ROASTING: The temperature and the duration of the roasting process are carefully controlled in order to keep the coffee flavour! Light roasting creates a soft flavour, whereas medium roasting creates a well-defined and rich flavour.
5. GRINDING: The roasted beans are ground until they turn into a coarse powder.
6. WATER ELIMINATION: In order to obtain instant coffee, water is extracted from the coffee through freezing or evaporation. Water is eliminated, leaving fine texture instant coffee.
7. PACKAGING: The coffee is packaged in Nescafé jars and sachets.
8. BREWING: The recommended Nescafé coffee quantity is 1-2 teaspoons for 180ml of water.
We transformed each of these steps in easy interactions using Kinect body tracking. Check out a complete tour through the app in the video above.
Project: Nescafe 75 Years – How It’s Made
Ad Agency: Graffiti PR, Romania
Design Studio: Mind Treat Studios